Background

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Review of Megagamie Feline Cheongsam Dress, Love Bonito Lorenze Cheongsam and Waverly Dress

Megagamie Feline Cheongsam Dress (White, size M)



Seeing how the dress seemed to be tight around the hips of the models (from the pictures it looked a bit too stretched at their hips), I decided to opt for a size M, and it was a good choice. By the way, do you notice that many of the online shops' cheongsams seem to have a smaller cut? I can usually fit into size S for most dresses, but I would need a size M for the cheongsams to fit me comfortably.


It was love at first touch for this dress. The Gabardine rayon blend and the lace were soft and smooth! The lace is not scratchy at all, which is an important point as it covers much of the back. Fabric wasn't too thick either, which made for a comfortable wear in this ridiculously hot weather that typifies these several weeks. The highlight of this piece is the low-back lace design with non-functional buttons. It brings out a sultry vibe, while not being too revealing for CNY visits to perhaps, some conservative relatives. A stick on bra was worn with the dress as the lace part ends below the bra line. Do note that despite having an inner lining, nude and seamless underwear is still required as the fabrics aren't very thick.

This dress doesn't come across as being too festive-looking to me. My only gripe is that despite sizing up to and M, it still rides up a little when I walk. So if you intend to buy this, do note the hip measurements as they might be exceptionally small. For me, because it only rides up a little, I'm willing to put up with the slight hassle of having to pull the dress down when I walk, and will keep this piece.

Does anyone know how else to prevent dresses/skirts from riding up?


Love Bonito Lorenze Cheongsam (Ruby, size M)


This is the immensely popular cheongsam that was sold out within the same minute of the launch and is actually my first cheongsam dress purchase. I managed get hold of a piece from a re-seller.


When I saw the previews, I was sold by the inverse-V-shaped design of the back. Again I decided on size M as the dress appeared taut at the models' hips. Indeed, size M was just nice for me and S would have been too tight. I'm awed by the gold trimmings throughout this lace dress. A stick on bra was worn with the dress as the drop-back feature ends below the bra line. I'll decide whether to keep this after I've tried the Cream version (just bought it from another seller).


Love Bonito Waverly Dress (size M) 


Yet another hot seller from Love Bonito. Size M is comfortable around my hips and slightly loose around my waist, but this can be easily corrected with a belt. I'm not sure if size S would have been a better fit, but the person who sold this to me said that her sister was a UK6/8 and found size S too snug for her.

I was expecting more from this dress - thought it would be of bodycon material, similar to the Oregon Dress, but it turned out thinner than what I had in mind. I suppose that this material had to be used in order for the prints to be made on it. It comes with an inner lining so no VPL worries here. The prints are vivid and certainly true to pictures.

While this is overall still a good buy, I won't mind letting it go if there is an interested buyer.

*** UPDATE: Waverly Dress has been sold. ***

For your reference, I'm 1.67m, UK8.

2 comments: